I have just got to share this wonderful SlideShare by Eric Schmidt of Google.
The CEO of Google shared his learnings in his decade-long stay at Google. In this 54-slide deck, Eric shared his learnings in a very easy-to-understand way, yet packs a whole lot of hidden messages, which I hope I did justice in this article by breaking down these lessons and sharing the issues he is tackling.
13 Steps to Achieve Business Nirvana
- Ask the question “What’s different now?” [Slide 6]
- Accept that technology is changing every business sector – fast! [Slide 9]
- Realize that barriers to entry have become so low, almost anyone can enter the market [Slide 10]
- Admit that power has shifted from companies to consumers [Slide 12]
- Remember what Peter Drucker said, “Make strength productive.” [Slide 16 – 18]
- Plan your culture then hire people to fit the culture, not the other way around [23 – 28]
- Consider what Dwight Eisenhower once said, “Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” [Slide 29 – 33]
- Stop relying on recruiters and HR for hiring [Slide 34 – 35]
- Murder any unchosen alternatives [Slide 36 – 39]
- Communicate incessantly. Never assume. Repeat. Again. Again. [Slide 40 – 41]
- Set unattainable goals [Slide 44]
- Listen to the lab coats, not the suits [Slide 45]
- Take a leap of faith [Slide 50 – 52]